[Ads-l] Adage: Beauty=?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=99s_?=only skin deep, but ugliness goes to the bone

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 10 23:16:26 UTC 2020

FWIW, the only version of this that I've ever heard, before now, is,

"Beauty's only skin-deep, but ugly is to the bone."

I had no idea that there was a "proper-English" version. I've never heard
it
used or discussed in any form or fashion by white people before now,
either.
Well, I am familiar with y'all's use of the "Beauty's only skin-deep" part,
from literature and cinema.

-Wilson
-----
-Mark Twain