[Ads-l] Further Antedating of the Term "Gay"

Dan Goncharoff thegonch at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 13 13:46:21 UTC 2020

I scanned

https://willstraw.com/united-states-broadway-brevities-1930-1935/

which has many of the cover pages from the "Broadway Brevities" of 1931-35.

There are many references to "queer" and "lesbos" and "third sex", but the
other uses of gay seem to mean flamboyant, especially in articles where
there are clear references to homosexuality.

Just my very quick take.