[Ads-l] Quote: Television? No good will come of this device. The word is half Greek and half Latin. - Attributed to C. P. Scott on June 9, 1956

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Mon Sep 7 15:07:58 UTC 2020

To all the other cited hybrids bemoaned in the cites assembled in the QI conspectus we might add “linguistics”, which should of course be “glossistics”.  But “dialectology” is safe from scorn.