[Ads-l] Hella research inquiry

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 28 20:26:11 UTC 2020

In a 2016 post, I shared two "hella" citations from 1986, one from a
magazine interview with James Hetfield of Metallica and one from lyrics by
the rapper Too $hort.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/pipermail/ads-l/2016-March/141400.html

I also posted a screenshot of the Hetfield interview on Twitter. (He
actually used "hella" twice: "I'm hella paranoid" and "Yeah, hella" in
response to "Does that scare you?")

https://twitter.com/bgzimmer/status/713000098276511744

--bgz