[Ads-l] Able Was I Ere I Saw Elba

Thu Apr 8 20:45:53 UTC 2021

Great work, James. Here is a link to the page image which is visible
in  the Google Books database.

Date: 1614
Title: The Nipping Or Snipping of Abuses: Or the Woolgathering of Witte
Author: John Taylor

https://books.google.com/books?id=JFtpAAAAcAAJ&q=%22lewd+did%22#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
This line is the same backward, as it is forward, and I will giue any
man fiue shillings a peece for as many as they can make in English.

Lewd did I liue and euil I did dwel.
[End excerpt]

Garson