[Ads-l] Cap/Kap - "joke, not be serious, (hence: lie), ritualized joking tradition of Native Black Americans"

Wed Apr 21 21:48:20 UTC 2021

As the host of that radio show, I would love to read your research on "to
cap" and "ki(t|n)chen (hair at the nape of the neck)."

When preparing for episodes, I look for and review substantial prior work
by others, if there is any, and I check it against my own library and
digital archives, and historical, primary online sources.

I most certainly welcome any dated, printed citations from the historical
record you have found that can shed light on those terms.

Best wishes,

Grant Barrett
co-host/co-producer, "A Way with Words"
https://waywordradio.org