[Ads-l] USA Today Fact Check article on Einstein attributed quotation

Wed Apr 28 22:45:16 UTC 2021

Laurence Horn wrote:
> I was going to nominate another one, which I see Garson has under its own entry rather than Einstein’s:
>
> https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/05/13/einstein-simple/
>
> I'm familiar with it in a slightly more specific version, applying to explanations or
> theories, which essentially turns Occam’s razor into a double-edged blade:
> “An explanation should be as simple as possible but no simpler”
>
> Not Einstein, but someone.

That is an intriguing quotation, LH.
Each quotation on the QI website is reachable by a direct link as you
discovered.

In addition, each quotation is listed within one or more categories.
The "simpler" quotation is listed within the Einstein category, but
there are six pages of quotations in the Einstein category. The bottom
of each webpage for a category displays an arrow to click to reach the

The "simpler" Einstein quotation appears as the tenth quotation on the
fifth page of the Einstein category:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/category/albert-einstein/page/5/

This is somewhat clumsy, but the WordPress software automatically
splits up some lengthy webpages.

Garson