[Ads-l] "beat-up", noun, evidently meaning hoax or conspiracy

James Eric Lawson jel at NVENTURE.COM
Sat Aug 7 16:50:52 UTC 2021

As documented in a 1988 UPI article, "beat-up" is more akin to
'overblown' than an outright hoax: "beat-up (something blown out of
proportion)".

28 Feb 1988, "Australia's baffling language: A primer on 'Aussie speak'":

https://www.upi.com/Archives/1988/02/28/Australias-baffling-language-A-primer-on-Aussie-speak/8697573022800/

--
James Eric Lawson