[Ads-l] Buzzard grouponyms

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Dec 26 16:08:56 UTC 2021

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kat-bergeron-cool-things-learned-060000703.html :

"Did you know that a group of our buzzard-vultures is called a committee,
venue or volt? A flock in flight is a kettle. When they congregate on a
feeding ground to share dinner, that’s called a wake."

Almost needless to say, none of these terms is in OED.

"If the truth is half as bad as I think it is, you can't handle the truth."

The American Dialect Society - http://www.americandialect.org

More information about the Ads-l mailing list