[Ads-l] Eggcorn

MULLINS, WILLIAM D (Bill) CIV USARMY DEVCOM AVMC (USA) 0000099bab68be9a-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Thu Feb 18 22:27:58 UTC 2021

I've got to wonder if this is a true eggcorn, reflecting the intent of the texter, or a failure of speech-to-text software.  I've seen many similar mistakes on computer-generated closed captions on youtube videos.

----

Not in the eggcorn database: “quarter zone” for “cortisone.” From a text message:

“ [My trigger finger]  has become more sore and swollen in the last week, so I will see how it goes. I might try a quarter zone shot again.”

Joan Hall