[Ads-l] "Among the New Words" returns to American Speech

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 19 18:45:10 UTC 2021

After a bit of a hiatus, "Among the New Words" has returned to the pages of
American Speech, the American Dialect Society's official journal published
by Duke University Press. I've worked with co-editors Charles Carson and
Kelly Wright on revamping the feature, and we're pleased with the results.
Here's a link to the Feb. 2021 installment:

https://read.dukeupress.edu/american-speech/article/96/1/105/168403/Among-the-New-Words

If you're an ADS member, you get a subscription to American Speech as part
of your membership. But even if you're not for some reason, the good folks
at Duke Press have made this installment of "Among the New Words"
open-access through September, so there's no pesky paywall. Also, be sure
to click on the Supplements tab to see the special online-only
lexicographical treatments, enriched with embedded audio and video.

--Ben Zimmer