[Ads-l] wondering about the origin of "sleigh riding" in New York

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Jan 1 21:40:05 UTC 2021

Not only.  I’m pretty sure I share Jon’s memory of calling them sleighs (at least optionally) in the NYC of the early-mid 50s, Washington Heights in my case.  As Sarah Palin didn’t quite say, we could see the Palisades from the Riverside Drive sledding hill, if not from our (non-existent) back yard, but we didn’t live in Jersey.