[Ads-l] swear(ing) box, swear(ing) jar

Wed Jan 6 21:31:49 UTC 2021

Wow! Excellent, Ben. Google Books seems to have the same text in 1746.
So the 1752 text might have been reprinted. I am not completely sure
about the date. The pages within the volume do not list the year. It
looks like the year is only specified on the cover. You may wish to
double check the details in Google Books.

Year: 1746 December 20 (MDCCXLVI)
Title: The Museum: or, The Literary and Historical Register
Number 20

https://books.google.com/books?id=gMAPAAAAQAAJ&q=+swearing-box#v=snippet&

[Begin excerpt]
An APOLOGY for SWEARING
Being the Remonstrance of one of the Members of a Certain Society near
St. James's, against erecting a SWEARING-Box, and imposing a Penalty
upon OATHS
[End excerpt]

Garson