[Ads-l] allegory

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 11 03:15:28 UTC 2021

Quora.com asks, "What are the best allegorical films ever made?"

A "film enthusiast" replies with ten "allegorical" films:

Sunset Boulevard
Dr. Strangelove
Blow-Up
Easy Rider
El Topo
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Nostalgia
Brazil
Barton Fink
Dancer in the Dark

None of these movies is an allegory.  All, however, seem to be
thought-provoking in imaginative ways.

JL