[Ads-l] You put your foot in it - excellent food

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Mon Jan 11 20:29:12 UTC 2021

Has anyone on this thread explained how "You put your

foot in it" acquired this meaning? If not, would anyone

perhaps have any idea about it?

Gerald Cohen

________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Margaret Lee <0000006730deb3bf-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 4:38 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: You put your foot in it - excellent food

 'You put your foot in it', along with 'You put the big pot in the little p=
ot' have been popular sayings in the African American community for decades=
, used to compliment the cook after a super-delicious meal.
--Margaret Lee

    On Sunday, January 10, 2021, 12:14:15 PM EST, Andy Bach <afbach at gmail.c=