[Ads-l] -ski, whatevski(s), broski

Mon Jul 5 19:02:08 UTC 2021

Following Ben's lead. In 1887 an anarchist was referred to by the
punning name "Bombski".

Date: May 16, 1887
Newspaper: The Winfield Daily Telegram
Newspaper Location:
Article: A Traitor To His Leader
Author: Winfield, Kansas
Quote Page 2, Column 3
Database: Newspapers.com

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/80851155/bombski-ski-suffix/

[Begin excerpt]
A TRAITOR TO HIS LEADER.

Boss Anarchist: "Hello, Bombski, you look flushed and excited. Some
new effort against the oppressors?"
Anarchist: "I have been down street here helping to put out a fire."
Boss Anarchist (excitedly): "Heavens, have you turned traitor? Are you
too, an enemy of our great movement? Can it be pos--"
Anarchist: "The fire was in a beer saloon."
Boss Anarchist: "Why in thunder didn't you let me know about it in
time to go along? You're a nice sort of friend of the cause, you
are?''
[End excerpt]

Garson