[Ads-l] heart-rendering

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jun 8 19:30:12 UTC 2021

Still not in OED. Antedating, too:

1862 Rebecca Wiswell, in _Civil War Times_ (Dec., 2016) 27: Some have died
rejoicing [,] some have died begging for mercy, such scenes are heart
rendering to me.

Wiswell was a nurse at a military hospital in Georgetown.

JL