[Ads-l] Pied-pipe a preposition, but don't pied-pipe a particle (i.e. "up with which I will not put")

Sun Jun 27 20:58:09 UTC 2021

Neal: Thanks for mentioning the Quote Investigator website in your
recent script for the excellent podcast Grammar Girl. Garson O'Toole
operates the Quote Investigator website and composes all the articles
not Fred Shapiro. O'Toole has written more than 1750 articles and more
than one million words during the past eleven years. O'Toole is
somewhat tired but perseveres.

Fred Shapiro is a top researcher and editor in the domain of
quotations. Also, Fred's discoveries are sometimes mentioned on the
website together with the citations from many wonderful fellow
researchers.

Garson O'Toole (nom de plume) is the person behind the Quote Investigator.

Garson