[Ads-l] zwilling plane; ghetto

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 1 20:57:49 UTC 2021

Green's Dictionary of Slang has "ghetto" meaning "second-rate,
old-fashioned, inferior, badly made [negative connotations]" from 1995,
citing Connie Eble's UNC-Chapel Hill campus slang lists.

---
1995 [US] Eble Campus Sl. Apr. 5: ghetto -- not cleanly done, sketchy:
'That last pool shot I made was so ghetto.' Not properly put together or
built: 'The parts of my bike don’t even fit right. It looks ghetto.' Dirty,
in shambles: 'I feel ghetto this morning.'
---

GDoS is currently offline due to technical difficulties, but the entry
would normally be found here:
https://greensdictofslang.com/entry/w6tlygi

--Ben