[Ads-l] palm-billy

Wed Mar 17 22:20:54 UTC 2021

Bill Mullins wrote:
> A redneck from Florida?
>
> "The guy you dismissed as a dumbass palm-billy who was going to kill his whole state with Covid . . ."
>
> https://twitter.com/Doc_0/status/1372183033319677957

Plenty of palms in Florida and not many hills, but I cannot find other
instances of the transformation: hillbilly >> palm-billy

Regarding hills in Florida: a person of unknown reliability states the
following on Quora:
https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Florida-so-flat

[Begin excerpt]
Florida is the flattest state in the nation because it is the highest
point in the State isn't only 345 feet above sea level.
[End excerpt]

Billy does not seem to be a very productive affix:
hillbilly, rockabilly, ginger-billy, Squidbillies, palm-billy,
Billie-Eilish-like

https://www.timesunion.com/life/style/fashion/article/WATCH-Internet-Hillbilly-reviews-his-male-11171195.php
[Begin excerpt]
According to his YouTube channel: "Ginger-billy (a redheaded
hillbilly) that loves to drink moonshine and watch good ole American
[End excerpt]