[Ads-l] Milli-Helen: The quantity of beauty required to launch exactly one ship

Bill Mullins amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun May 9 17:19:21 UTC 2021

>  Can Mario Castillo be identified and dated?

>From Asimov's memoir, "In Memory yet Green":

"On Sunday, December 7, 1941, therefore, I sat down rather grimly to make my third attempt at "Probability Zero." It was a ridiculous story called "Time Pussy," inspired by a remark by one of my classmates in food analysis laboratory. (He was Mario Castillo, a short, round-faced, quick-witted, and pleasant fellow.) He had told me, jokingly, about a man who invented a device that cooled water so quickly that when the ice formed it was still warm."