[Ads-l] OT: historical linguistics inquiry

Paul A Johnston paul.johnston at WMICH.EDU
Mon May 31 18:18:23 UTC 2021

Thanks, Amy.  i'm subscribing.  It'd be good for getting people to give papers at the Medieval Congress, perhaps, too, at our Society for Medieval Languages and Linguistics sessions.  We're still strying to up the linguistics visibility at the conference.

Yours,
Paul Johnston
________________________________
From: American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU> on behalf of Amy West <medievalist at W-STS.COM>
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2021 8:44 AM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Subject: OT: historical linguistics inquiry

Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
Poster:       Amy West <medievalist at W-STS.COM>

I apologize for this off-topic inquiry:

I think we've got a historical linguist on the list -- Paul Johnson?

I've just discovered Cummings' _An Introduction to the Grammar of Old
English: A Systemic Functional Approach_. I was wondering if anyone is
doing the same for other historical languages, like Old Norse/Icelandic.
So, I was wondering where the conversations regarding historical
linguistics are happening: mailing lists, etc.

---Amy West