[Ads-l] Reverse "mistake", v.?

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Nov 6 13:12:46 UTC 2021

The description of what happened at the NASCAR rally at the Talladega Speedway—

> the phrase that’s gone viral among conservatives since a NASCAR
> sportscaster mistook it for a 'Fuck Joe Biden' chant at a race last month

—seems to suggest that NBC Sports reporter Kelli Stavast mistakenly processed the “Let’s go, Brandon” chant as “Fuck Joe Biden” (rather than that she processed “Fuck Joe Biden” as if it were “Let’s go, Brandon".  So can we add the verb “mistake” to the reverse “substitute" files?

LH