[Ads-l] The English Language is the Enemy of the People

Chris Waigl chris at LASCRIBE.NET
Wed Nov 10 03:59:50 UTC 2021

On Tue, Nov 9, 2021 at 5:45 PM Margaret Winters <mewinters at wayne.edu> wrote:

> What struck me was the very formal, theory-based language with which the
> speaker promoted not worrying about grammar (or, I suppose, register) in
> grading students.

Well, he *is *a professor of rhetoric.

I find that I'm much more welcoming of messy & polemical debate on this
kind of topic rather than the usual ones that are about whether it's ok to
discriminate against people you don't like, whether certain types of people
are not smart enough to be scientists or whether it's ok to kick someone
out of a washroom.

Chris

Chris Waigl . chris.waigl at gmail.com . chris at lascribe.net
http://eggcorns.lascribe.net . http://chryss.eu