[Ads-l] Wokeness and the English language

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 20 23:58:22 UTC 2021

So “feminazi”, “libtard”, “crisis actor”, “anchor baby”, and the like as promulgated by the highest-rated TV network news shows don’t count as lingua-fascist, but asking others to call you by the gender and name corresponding to your identity does?  And am I misremembering, or was singular non-binary “they” not the ADS Word of the Decade a while back? As for the use of “woke” to endorse ridicule, that must be today’s “politically correct” or “libber”.  Plus ça change…

LH