[Ads-l] RES: Wokeness and the English language

Bill Mullins amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 21 20:33:08 UTC 2021

At what point do the different styles diverge into separate dialects?

"You misgendered me!"
"No, I was speaking a dialect of English in which 'zir' does not exist, and 'they' is always plural."

----

Well, what scared me about the article is that it described what I have
observed. I saw no claims that were beyond the reality I have observed. I
just had not read anything that gathered them all together. If he missed
some linguistic history, I don't think that affects the value of his
comments about present events. Cancel-culture linguistic mania is way over
the top, and social media is allowing the tail to wag the dog. "One guy with
a twitter account..."
DAD