[Ads-l] quantity/quality

Bill Mullins amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 18 21:47:54 UTC 2021

I was looking at "Quantity has a quality all its own."  It is generally attributed to Stalin or Lenin.
Garson doesn't seem to have anything on it, nor does Barry Popik.

The earliest I've found is Ruth Davis, being quoted in _Science_, 9 Jun 1978.

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.200.4346.1134

Starting in 1980, it started to spread rapidly.  Enough of the early quotes talk about it having been written by Lenin, so I'm wondering if there is a Russian version that predates this era, from Lenin's writings.  Anyone know?