[Ads-l] lie

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Sep 22 20:38:10 UTC 2021

> On Sep 22, 2021, at 4:03 PM, Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM> wrote:
>
> https://www.yahoo.com/news/thought-knew-sun-color-lie-133422094.html :
>
> What You Thought You Knew About the Sun’s Color Is a Lie
>
> (People say it's yellow, but it's really white. Liars!)
>
> JL

I don’t know—from the write-up it looks like it’s the sun that's the liar.  I was told the moon always lies (it makes a capital D when it’s crescent and a C when it’s decrescent), but apparently you can’t trust any heavenly bodies.  Or even Springsteen:

The piss-yellow sun
Comes bringing up the day
She said "Ain't nobody can give nobody
What they really need anyway”