[Ads-l] Very Slight Antedating of "Flying Saucer" in Historical Dictionary of Science Fiction

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Wed Apr 6 13:35:22 UTC 2022

Finally getting to this a year later.... I've revised the entry, and added a 26 June cite from the Philadelphia Inquirer (that Fred Shapiro kindly provided to me offlist).

The Chicago Tribune article with a 25 June dateline quotes Kenneth Arnold describing the objects as "shaped like a pie plate", but does not actually contain the term "flying saucer".

Jesse Sheidlower
<hat>HDSF</hat>