[Ads-l] "morale boost"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 25 12:34:50 UTC 2022

I can't help quoting myself from 2015:

>At some point, probably within the past ten or fifteen years, I began
jestingly to employ the new verb to "alien-abduct."   I've said to people
who were exceptionally tardy or hard to reach, "I thought you might have
been alien-abducted."

>To "alien-abduct" was not consciously based on any formal pattern, but it
does seem in line with current verbal trends.

>Update: Many raw Google hits, and GB affords an early example from a book
I've never heard of.  Great minds and all that:

>2000  Carole Nelson Douglas _Cat in a Kiwi Con_ (N.Y.: Forge) 112: Perhaps
a coconut was alien abducted to the Kohl Kompendium and forced to propagate
with a radiator brush.