[Ads-l] Legal phrase: dark patterns

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 26 23:31:07 UTC 2022

See the pretty bonkers "The Hidden Persuaders," by Vance Packard (1958).

Not to say that Packard's theme - that anything of corporate origin you
look it as loaded with sneaky images to zombify you - hasn't been taken up
in practice by later generations.

You might also try Packard's sequel, "The Clam-Plate Orgy," which purports
to show what's really going on among your fried clams.

Additional reading: Merriam's def of "pareidolia."

JL