[Ads-l] Antedating of "Jinx, v."

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 8 19:28:00 UTC 2022

Here's undated sheet music of "Captain Jinks," "by T. Maclagan."

The appended "Select List of New and Popular songs, etc." seems not to
include any relating to the Civil War. Thus "CJ" might antedate 1862. The
website dates it to no earlier than 1856.

https://digitalcommons.conncoll.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1035&context=sheetmusic

JL