[Ads-l] Probably not an eggcorn, but I like it...

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Aug 16 00:43:32 UTC 2022

Well, if it's good enough for the GOAT (greatest [quarterback] of all
time), it's good enough for me.  Here's Brady in a 2019 interview with his
former record-setting receiver Randy Moss:

Given their connection, Moss asked Brady what it takes for a quarterback
and wide receiver to develop that type of chemistry.

“There’s two sets of eyes, seeing one thing, and it’s about getting those
two eyes to see the exact same way in split-level decisions,” Brady
explained. “For you to step in like you did, and see it the same way I saw,
you actually expanded my eyes to what’s possible on the football field.”

Not like my own split-level decisions--choosing between using the bathroom
half a flight up or the bathroom half a flight down at Thanksgiving in my
relatives' split-level house.

LH