[Ads-l] "I say...Lusitani-ay"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 31 20:48:22 UTC 2022

Serendipitously I notice that CNN's correspondent Amara Walker is
pronouncing the name of Jackson, MS, mayor Chokwe A. Lumumba as though his
surname ended in -ay.

She's said it at least twice. I don't know how hizzoner pronounces it.

JL