[Ads-l] Pronunciation of "(anti)semitic"

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 3 00:53:26 UTC 2022

I've been noticing this for months, at least.

In a similar vein, "fentanyl" is usually pronounced "fentanol" (like
"alcohol").

For daring to say "fentanyl" (rhymes with "cancer pill"), I was recently
and emphatically told by a highly educated person that the "correct
pronunciation" is "fentanol."

JL