[Ads-l] Antedating of "Ham" (Telegraphy / Radio Meaning)

Mon Dec 26 16:51:18 UTC 2022

On the theme of publicity, Fred’s “The New Yale Book of Quotations”
(2021) has the following  entry. Currently, this seems to be the
earliest item in the dual family: "All publicity is good publicity"
"No such thing as bad publicity"

[Begin excerpt]
All publicity is good publicity.
San Francisco Call, 25 June 1910
[End excerpt]

Barry Popik has a pertinent entry:
“All publicity is good publicity” ("There is no such thing as bad publicity")

https://www.barrypopik.com/index.php/new_york_city/entry/all_publicity_is_good_publicity_there_is_no_such_thing_as_bad_publicity

The QI website has a famous thematically related saying from 1888:

Say anything you like about me, but spell my name right — P. T.
B-a-r-n-u-m, P. T. Barnum
https://quoteinvestigator.com/2020/01/20/spell-name/

Garson