[Ads-l] Humorous Serial Comma Examples =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=80=94_?=Are They Genuine or Apocryphal?

Wed Dec 28 04:40:26 UTC 2022

Here are three examples of sentences without Oxford commas:

(1) Book dedication: Dedicated to my parents, Ayn Rand and God.

(2) The highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson
Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector.

(3) Among those interviewed were his two ex-wives, Kris Kristofferson
and Robert Duvall.

The analysis is available on the medium website here. I concluded that
one example was constructed by a humorist. The other two are genuine
examples or comical ambiguity printed in newspapers.

https://quoteinvestigator.medium.com/52dc15d0f4a8

Garson