[Ads-l] Possible Antedating of "Blow Job"

Bill Mullins amcombill at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 6 22:08:11 UTC 2022

I wonder if the following 1945 quotes, given their military context (referring to the new P-80 jet planes), should be taken as evidence of earlier usage.

1945 NY Herald Tribune 1 Aug. 5/1

It sucks air in at the front and blows it out at the end faster than it came in.  It's a blow job.  It simply blows itself forward.

1945 NY Times 1 Aug. 4/6

Col. Homer S. Boushey, commanding the training group, declared that basically the "blow job" as the jet plane is called, was simpler to fly than the conventional airplane.

(The articles don't say if Col. Boushey sniggered as he made these statements . . . . )