[Ads-l] West Hell

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 24 15:05:38 UTC 2022

Don Lemon on CNN this morning:

"As we would say growing up in Louisiana, 'There's no way in West Hell'"
that Trump didn't believe he'd lost the election.

1931 in Z. N. Hurston _Collected Plays_ (New Brunswick, N.J.: Rutgers U.P.,
2008) 103: Yeah, and you stand up there and tell me that just one more
time, and I'm going to beat you if they have a lawsuit in West Hell. Ibid.
219: Somebody is goin' to West Hell before midnight!

1993 _Detroit Free Press_ (Aug. 8) 7H  : Juke joints where the moonshine
runs "as clear as spring water and as fiery as the Fourth of July in West
Hell."

2006 John H. Eaves _Speakers of the House_ 50 (Google Books): No way in
West Hell will I get myself into that again.

JL