[Ads-l] "maverick" redux

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 11 03:47:21 UTC 2022

 Digging further into the San Antonio Express archive on Genealogybank, I
found a further antedating, in a grimly racist editorial commentary about
Native American incursions.

---
San Antonio Express, Mar. 25, 1867, p. 3, col. 1
A frontiers-man considers it as much his duty to kill a savage as to brand
a Maverick.
---