[Ads-l] antedating of to "gaslight."

Wed May 18 17:15:30 UTC 2022

Great citation, JL.
I watched the episode on YouTube and at The Film Detective. The dialog
was slightly different. The timestamp is specified below.

I Married Joan S01E19 Draft Board
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfOV0Y9EDNs
Timestamp 15 minutes 24 seconds of 23 minutes 15 seconds

[Begin excerpt]
"Now, here's the plan. We'll gaslight 'em!"
"Gaslight 'em!"
"Yeah."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, you saw that picture Gaslight, remember? Where they made the
woman think that she was crazy, and she really wasn't?"
"Yeah."
"Well, we'll make the people who rented the place think they're crazy ..."
[End excerpt]

The episode is also available at The Film Detective website with a
different introduction. The timestamp is shifted by a few seconds.

1953 _I Married Joan_ (CBS TV)  (Season 1, Episode 19 "Draft Board"):
https://thefilmdetective.tv/video/i-married-joan-s1-ep19-draftboard-1953/60b86297be87d50001b535ff/

Another copy on YouTube displays the following at 33 seconds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2zrd2ajQIw

[Begin excerpt]
"DRAFTBOARD"
Season One, Episode #19