[Ads-l] RES: Antedatings of "Star Chamber" and "Starred Chamber"

David Daniel dad at COARSECOURSES.COM
Sat May 28 04:12:41 UTC 2022

Dunno if I'm not getting something here, but there was a 1983 movie with
Michael Douglas called "Star Chamber."
DAD

-----Mensagem original-----
De: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] Em nome de
Shapiro, Fred
Enviada em: sexta-feira, 27 de maio de 2022 10:42
Para: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Assunto: Antedatings of "Star Chamber" and "Starred Chamber"

Poster:       "Shapiro, Fred" <fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU>
---

I believe that the entry and footnotes in James E. Clapp et al., Lawtalk (2=
011), contain information antedating the OED entries for the terms "star ch=
amber" and "starred chamber."

Fred Shapiro