[Ads-l] antedating of 'bar-b-q'

Pete Morris mr_peter_morris at OUTLOOK.COM
Wed Nov 16 00:42:58 UTC 2022

Are we sure  BAR-B-Q  in this cite was actually a barbecue ?

I understand  that bar-letter-letter was, and still is a fairly common
business name for cattle ranches.  Could be just coincidental,
having nothing to do with open air cooking.