[Ads-l] New to me

Amy West medievalist at W-STS.COM
Tue Nov 29 14:43:22 UTC 2022

On 11/29/22 00:00, ADS-L automatic digest system wrote:
> Date:    Mon, 28 Nov 2022 18:04:39 -0500
> From:    Wilson Gray<hwgray at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject: Re: New to me
>
>> it's probably been productive
> Amy, are you saying that "it's probably BIN productive"? That is, it's been
> productive a WHILE. If not, then what does "it's probably been productive"
> mean?
> "

I mean that speakers have likely been using it to form new compounds for
a period of time and I have been unaware of these new compounds for a
variety of reasons.

It means, in short, that I have likely been oblivious for a period of
time, which isn't a surprise and is unlikely to change.

Does that help clarify? :-)

---Amy West