[Ads-l] Never complain, never explain.

Pete Morris mr_peter_morris at OUTLOOK.COM
Tue Oct 4 01:40:32 UTC 2022

Here's a 1903 article that attributes the phrase to Disraeli, and
cites a source.

https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/Review_of_Reviews_for_Australasia/D29PAQAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=%22never+complain%22+%22never+explain%22&dq=%22never+complain%22+%22never+explain%22&printsec=frontcover

Never defend yourself before a popular assemblage, except with
and by retorting the attack ; the hearers , in the  pleasure which the
assault gives them , will forget the previous charge . ” As Disraeli
himself put it afterwards , Never complain and never explain .
-- ( Vol . 1 , p . 122)

It's not possible to tell from snippet view, Vol 1 of what.  I think
it's worth checking out, if it is an authentic Disraeli quote.  Or, if
not, then at least a pre-1903 source.