[Ads-l] 99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall - about flies?

Sat Oct 15 01:31:13 UTC 2022

Here is a version of the end of the lyrics in 1893. This song really
needs some kind of elaborate payoff instead of an anti-climax.

Date: September 27, 1893
Newspaper: Alexandria Gazette
Newspaper Location: Alexandria, Virginia
Database: Newspapers.com

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/111330085/three-blue-bottles/

[Begin excerpt]
There is one blue bottle hanging on the wall,
There is one blue bottle hanging on the wall.
Take one blue bottle down from the wall,
And no blue bottle is hanging on the wall.
[End excerpt]

Garson