[Ads-l] swing, a musical theatre term

Ben Zimmer bgzimmer at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 19 23:52:26 UTC 2022

Nice finds, Bill! As it happens, I had just clipped the 1942 NY Sunday News
cite on Newspapers.com.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/111631578/swing-girl/

It is indeed from a theater/show-biz context, as it's about a group called
the American Beauty Octet, who performed in George Jessel's musical "High
Kickers."