[Ads-l] Izzard to gizzard

Barretts Mail mail.barretts at GMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 4 15:02:59 UTC 2022

1. The only other citation I see of this is from 13 October 2014.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/archive/index.php/t-183317.html <http://forum.woodenboat.com/archive/index.php/t-183317.html>
swoody126

###
A plank under the whole keel?

AGAIN, YES!

A CARPETED PLANK FROM IZZARD TO GIZZARD, W/ NO POSSIBLE EXPOSURE TO SHARP METAL POINTS/EDGES(DON'T ASK ME...)
###

2. This quote has widely been reported as “gizzard to gizzard” but the “izzard” sounds clearly and purposefully enunciated to me:

“NASA boss of moon launch take 2” on _Best of Today_
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cy6bgn <https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0cy6bgn>
It’s about 50 second in.

The recording will be available for about four more days.

Benjamin Barrett (he/his/him)
Formerly of Seattle