[Ads-l] Adage: Always verify your quotations

Pete Morris mr_peter_morris at OUTLOOK.COM
Mon Sep 12 14:12:35 UTC 2022

Another one

1800

https://www.google.co.uk/books/edition/The_Critical_Review_Or_Annals_of_Literat/2MUPAAAAQAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=verify+quotes&pg=PA366&printsec=frontcover

We may here observe , that it will be proper for future historians of
Winchester to verify every quotation in Mr. Tilrer's work before they
use it .