[Ads-l] meteor

Fri Sep 16 18:17:43 UTC 2022

MAM (Mark Mandel) suggested “recco” has been employed as a name for a
transcription error due to a misrecognition by a speech-to-text
system.

There was a pertinent thread at the StackExchange website:

Typo equivalent for a speech recognition mistake
https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/364362/typo-equivalent-for-a-speech-recognition-mistake

Nonny Moose suggested using “speako” for this type of error and noted
that Wikitionary currently has a different definition “A mistake made
when speaking, for example saying the wrong word accidentally”.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/speako

Cliff proposed: "dicto" for "dictographical error."

Garson